Posted on 12 March 2010 by PakBee - Total hits: 2,342
LAHORE: At least 39 people were killed and 95 others wounded on Friday after two suicide bombers struck the vehicles of Garrison Security Force near R A Bazaar in Lahore.
The heads of both alleged bombers were recovered from the scene of the blasts while two suspects were also arrested, the Inspector General of Punjab Tariq Salim Dogar told reporters after the blasts.
The IGP also confirmed the death toll.
Meanwhile, the proscribed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed the responsibility for twin Lahore bombings.
The blasts took place at 12:48 pm within the space of 15 seconds at R A Bazar as crowds gathered for Friday prayers. The blasts were so powerful that it caused cracks in nearby buildings besides shattering window panes.
“We have collected concrete technical evidence, which will help identify the attackers. Both the attackers were on foot,” the IGP said.
Five security men were dead and 15 others were wounded in the bombings, sources cloe to security agencies said.
Rescue workers and paramedics rushed to the R A Bazaar, a densely populated area of the city.
The area was crowded as the blasts occurred shortly before the main Friday prayers were to start. Emergency was immediately declared in city hospitals, where dead and injured were shifted.
Posted on 12 March 2010 by PakBee - Total hits: 4,939
LAHORE: Five back-to-back blasts have happened in Iqbal Town of Lahore within the last 45 minutes, Geo News reported Friday.
All the five blasts have taken place in the premises of Iqbal Town.
The first blast occurred in an empty plot near crowded Moon Market in Kashmir Block. The second blast hit a car parked outside a house. The third blast occurred near Edhi Center in Kashmir Block located in Iqbal Town. The fourth blast has been reported outside the residence of a serving DSP again in Iqbal Tow.
No causality is reported din these attack. However, four people have received injuries.
It may be reminded here that dozens of people were killed in two blasts at Moon Market on December 7 last year.
Earlier, at least 39 people were killed when two suicide bombers blew themselves up in R A Market near security forces’ convoy.
Overall seven blasts have taken place in Lahore within 10 hours, killing 39 people and injuring 95 others.
The series of bomb blasts in the city has triggered panic and fear among the citizens.
LAHORE: Three back-to-back blasts have happened in Iqbal Town of Lahore, Geo News reported Friday.
The third blast has occurred in near Edhi Center at Kashmir Block. However, nobody is hurt in the last blast.
Overall five blasts have taken place in Lahore within 10 hours, killing 39 people and injuring 95 others.
Posted on 12 March 2010 by PakBee - Total hits: 8,731
LAHORE: Two suicide attackers blew themselves up near security forces vehicles in R A Bazar area of South Cantt as crowds gathered for Friday prayers killing at least 39 people including five security personnel and injuring 95, Geo News reported.
“Thirty-nine people were killed and 95 wounded in the attacks,” Inspector General Police Punjab Tariq Salim Dogar told reporters after visiting the blast site.
“We have collected concrete technical evidence, which will help identify the attackers. Both the attackers were on foot,” he added.
Five security men were dead and 15 injured in the attack, security sources said.
“There were two suicide bombers who attacked two military vehicles within the space of 15 seconds,” SSP Operations Mohammad Shafiq told Geo News.
“The heads of both attackers have been found,” he said.
Rescue workers and paramedics rushed to the R A Bazaar, a densely populated area of the city. The area was crowded as the blasts occurred shortly before the main Friday prayers were to start.
Emergency has been declared in city hospitals and injured were shifted to CMH and other hospitals.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and traffic was blocked. Media was not allowed to go near the scene.
Posted on 02 February 2010 by PakBee - Total hits: 1,909
KARACHI: Following the death of 39 people in Karachi, the rangers have been awarded special powers under Anti-Terrorism Act in the limit of 26 police stations to halt the rising incidents of violence in the city.
Section 144 has already been put into effect in these areas, while permissions granted for carrying arms have also been cancelled.
According to authorities, nine more people were shot dead in Pirabad, Sarjani Town, Liaquatabad, Buffer Zone, Mangho Pir, Sir Syed Town, Azizabad and PECH, after which the five-day death toll mounted to 39.
Tension gripped the affected areas, while enraged people staged protest in Nazimabad, Karimabad and other areas.
Earlier, Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik chaired a high-level meeting called to discuss security situation in Karachi.